22 January 2013

Hey Friends! It appears to be 2013!

Sorry Mayan apocalypse theory lovers, guess you'll have to get out of your bunkers and on with your lives. I am quite happy about it not being the end of the world but it does mean that I really ought to get onto planning both a bathroom renovation and a wedding. Gah! I am a terrible procrastinator and both of these tasks are not the kind of thing you want to leave to chance. Better get onto it eh.

One of the good things about the world not ending in mid-December was that I got to celebrate NYE/my birthday with a bunch of chums. The wonderful Dr. Salis hosted a shin-dig for me at her house complete with a sheet fort in the backyard, temporary tattoos, punch, party hats, delicious snacks, a cake-like thing of deliciousness, pass the parcel, watching the Octagon fireworks from the backyard at midnight, AND a piƱata. I tell you, that lady knows how to throw a party.

There are a bunch of things that I have done in the last year that I have that I never posted about - some logos, a couple of posters, and a wedding invite that just went to the printers last week! I will throw some of them up onto this bloggity-blog-blog laters. Promise.

Speaking of things that I have done recently, I painted a room in our house and made a roman blind for the window! Making the roman blind was simultaneously easy and hard - hard because it has been such a long time since I sewed anything that simply pinning two squarish pieces of fabric together and then sewing in a straight line on three sides was a challenge that I was not really up to. Moral of the story is that I need to sew more.

I think the room looks much better now than it did before, but I'll let you guys be the judge using these amazing photos I took before and afterwards.

Before:
After:


Better no? Please forgive the scruffy door - all the doors in our house are equally scruffy, so at least we're co-ordinating well right?

So now we just need to:
- plan a bathroom renovation (purchase all the guff, hire the trades-peeps, get accustomed to hose showers)
- repaint the ex-lounge (now dining room) and buy a dining table that we both like...
- move the pantry to the alcove by the pantry
- move the laundry into the pantry
- put down new floor in pantry/kitchen/laundry (NO MORE CARPET)
- add extra insulation under the house, extra lining to the curtains, and insulate the hot water tank
- build in bookcases in the living room on either side of the fire
- garden. Garden. GARDEN. GARRRGHGHGHDEN.
Easy right? Piece of cake, get that lot finished this weekend no worries.

:-/

No comments: