One of the good things about the world not ending in mid-December was that I got to celebrate NYE/my birthday with a bunch of chums. The wonderful Dr. Salis hosted a shin-dig for me at her house complete with a sheet fort in the backyard, temporary tattoos, punch, party hats, delicious snacks, a cake-like thing of deliciousness, pass the parcel, watching the Octagon fireworks from the backyard at midnight, AND a piñata. I tell you, that lady knows how to throw a party.
There are a bunch of things that I have done in the last year that I have that I never posted about - some logos, a couple of posters, and a wedding invite that just went to the printers last week! I will throw some of them up onto this bloggity-blog-blog laters. Promise.
Speaking of things that I have done recently, I painted a room in our house and made a roman blind for the window! Making the roman blind was simultaneously easy and hard - hard because it has been such a long time since I sewed anything that simply pinning two squarish pieces of fabric together and then sewing in a straight line on three sides was a challenge that I was not really up to. Moral of the story is that I need to sew more.
I think the room looks much better now than it did before, but I'll let you guys be the judge using these amazing photos I took before and afterwards.
Better no? Please forgive the scruffy door - all the doors in our house are equally scruffy, so at least we're co-ordinating well right?
So now we just need to:
- plan a bathroom renovation (purchase all the guff, hire the trades-peeps, get accustomed to hose showers)
- repaint the ex-lounge (now dining room) and buy a dining table that we both like...
- move the pantry to the alcove by the pantry
- move the laundry into the pantry
- put down new floor in pantry/kitchen/laundry (NO MORE CARPET)
- add extra insulation under the house, extra lining to the curtains, and insulate the hot water tank
- build in bookcases in the living room on either side of the fire
- garden. Garden. GARDEN. GARRRGHGHGHDEN.
Easy right? Piece of cake, get that lot finished this weekend no worries.